We strive to make the Gran Fondo Badlands
the most desirable epic and unique event in the country!
What do I get with my entry?
- an incredible fondo experience with a classic bike event format
- complimentary breakfast at the Badlands Community Centre on race morning
- catered lunch upon crossing the finish line
- great swag (each 2022 participant will receive a rain jacket)
- well stocked and supportive aid stations
- roaming mechanical and paramedical support
What are the distances?
50km, 75km, 100km, 140km and 162km
Please note: all riding distances are approximate. We have done our best to ensure that each distance is accurate but based on the routes chosen, for the 50 and 75 km, it is sometimes difficult to be exact. Rest assured if you are riding the full distance you will ride a full 100 miles/162 km (based on our GPS) or even a bit more. We know how you hate to be short-changed!
What if I want to change the distance I registered for?
No problem at all! Just let us know before or right after the event.
I want to enter but do not have a road bike. Can I still participate?
Absolutely! Road bikes and triathlon bikes are the most common bikes out there but, a pathway bike, mountain bike or an ebike are all more than welcome! We also welcome tandom bikes with permission from the race director.
*ebikes are not eligible for KOM or QOM awards.
Do you have to have a vaccine passport to participate in Gran Fondo Badlands?
As you know guidelines are ever changing however, we do not require you show proof of vaccination for our event as it is outdoors (guidelines do not require anyone to show a vaccine passport for outdoor activities).